5 Self-Care Tips for Parents:
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff – let the little things go. It truly does not matter how many missing socks there are, how the towels are folded, or how many missing pieces there are to all the toys. Parenthood is a marathon and all you can do is one step at a time. A great question to ask yourself is “Is this going to matter in 5 minutes? 5 hours? 5 days?” You are doing a great job. Your best is good enough!
2. Fill your cup first. Many parents need to learn this lesson over and over again. When we are unfulfilled and unenergized as parents — we cannot be our best to take care of everyone and everything else. Prioritize yourself. Exercise, yoga, eating healthy, meal prepping, reading a book, have uninterrupted alone time. Don’t feel guilty about creating time for yourself – YOU DESERVE IT!
3. Find and lean on your tribe. Are you ASKING for help? We often think we can do it ALL by ourself. “Nobody can do it like I can do it” may be a common phrase in your head. As parents today, even a little bit of help makes a BIG difference. We truly need a village. Community is essential.
4. Get out in nature! We are so blessed to live in Central Oregon where we are surrounded by an abundance of nature. We cannot emphasize enough how healing and rejuvenating it can be to put your barefeet on the ground, jump in a river or lake, bathe in a hot spring, trail run, hike a mountain, nap in your hammock, or ride your bike through the trees. Get out there!
5. Get Adjusted! This is often the missing puzzle piece for many parents. Keeping your spine and nervous system healthy and in balance is fundamental. We can help. Restoring your health naturally from the inside-out through brain-based chiropractic care is what we do best. Getting adjusted simply becomes a part of your wellness routine and keeps you shining bright!